Sweden’s epic death metal Vikings Amon Amarth are set to unleash their eighth studio release “Surtur Rising” upon the metalheads of the world. The album derives its title in tribute to Surtur, leader of the fire giants of Muspelheim (“flame land”) and the oldest being in the nine worlds of Norse mythology.
One of the most anticipated albums of 2011 features 10 tracks of sword-wielding, fist-pumping, hyper climactic battle anthems. “Surtur Rising”, the follow up to 2008’s monolithic “Twilight Of The Thunder God”, was recorded at Fascination Street Studios Örebro, Sweden with Jens Bogren and will be released in North America on March 29, 2011 via Metal Blade Records. The strikingly brutal cover art was created by Tom Thiel. Click here to check out the full track listing.
“Surtur Rising” Track Listing:
01. War of the Gods
02. Töck’s Taunt – Loke’s Treachery Part II
03. Destroyer of the Universe
04. Slaves of Fear
05. Live Without Regrets
06. The Last Stand of Frej
07. For Victory or Death
08. Wrath of the Norsemen
09. A Beast Am I
10. Doom Over Dead Man
As an unofficial kick off to its release, Amon Amarth will make a live appearance on the long anticipated 70,000 Tons Of Metal cruise, scheduled to take place from January 24th – 28th. The voyage will begin in Miami, Florida, make its way to Cozumel, Mexico and play host to 40 bands including Voivod, Sodom, Iced Earth, Fear Factory, and Obituary.
More News On Amon Amarth:
- Amon Amarth releases live video for "Guardians of Asgaard" online; announces North American tour dates with Slayer, Lamb of God, Cannibal Corpse
- Amon Amarth sing about Vikings in video for "The Way Of Vikings"
- Amon Amarth prepare to reissue 'Fate Of Norns' and 'With Oden On Our Side' via Metal Blade Records