Welcome to Metal Riot’s Cover Art Battle! Every week we try and show the best-of-the-best in metal cover art, ranging from the fantastically illustrated to hauntingly photographed and everything in between.
My fellow heathens and cretins, welcome to the third battle of April. Once again, here’s an opportunity to show the world why the heavy metal culture is the greatest culture there is. Let us begin with the nominees:
Bringing the “fagus” to the “anrtopo”: Antropofagus
Those eight legged creatures that hide in shadowed corners: Black Spiders
What a lawnmower is referred to by small dogs: Dog Shredder
Put the tron to the ve to the hell: Hellvetron
Rise up, rise up, beasts of stone: Primal Rock Rebellion
Upon thine throne, cast down thine visions: Thee Orakle
And his name was: Ufomammut
Cast your ballots here!
***WINNER*** Thee Orakle – Smooth Comforts False
Like us on our Facebook page to stay up to date on this Cover Art Battle and look through our gallery of past winners with comments from the bands.
Awaken thee of Cover Art domination! Cast thine ballot!
- Thee Orakle - Smooth Comforts False (Ethereal Sound Works) (48%)
- Dog Shredder - Brass Tactics (Good To Die) (29%)
- Black Spiders - Sons Of The North (Dark Riders) (13%)
- Primal Rock Rebellion - Awoken Broken (Spinefarm) (4%)
- Ufomammut - Oro: Opus Primum (Neurot) (4%)
- Antropofagus - Architecture of Lust (Comatose) (2%)
- Hellvetron - Death Scroll of Seven Hells and Its Infernal Majesties (Hells Headbangers) (0%)