Welcome to Metal Riot’s Cover Art Battle! Every week we try and show the best-of-the-best in metal cover art, ranging from the fantastically illustrated to hauntingly photographed and everything in between.
So we’re two week’s late on this one (we’re working on it!). I wish we could say it was because of good TV right but this is from the week before the A Game of Thrones season 2 premiere. I’m rambling. Here’s our top nominees for March 27th – an epic week of epic releases with epic covers: …it’s a damn long list. Just go and vote already!
***WINNER*** Borknagar – Urd
Don’t forget to like us on our Facebook page to make sure you don’t miss the winner.
And this week's best Cover Art - survey says..!?
- Borknagar - Urd (Century Media) (47%)
- Dark Empire - From Refuge To Ruin (Nightmare) (10%)
- Evenoire - Vitriol (Scarlet) (9%)
- A Sound Of Thunder - Out Of The Darkness (Nightmare) (7%)
- Revel In Flesh - Deathevokation (FDA Rekotz) (6%)
- Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliées... (Prophecy) (3%)
- Hour Of Penance - Sedition (Prosthetic) (3%)
- Stigmhate - The Sun Collapse (Bakerteam) (2%)
- Meshuggah - Koloss (Nuclear Blast) (2%)
- Lyriel - Leverage (AFM) (2%)
- Naglfar - Teras (Century Media) (2%)
- Overkill - The Electric Age (eOne) (2%)
- Astra - The Black Chord (Metal Blade) (2%)
- Angel Witch - As Above, So Below (Metal Blade) (1%)
- Aura Noir - Out To Die (Indie) (1%)
- Wretched - Son Of Perdition (Victory) (1%)
- Hemina - Synthetic (Nightmare) (0%)
- God Forbid - Equilibrium (Victory) (0%)
- The Way Of Purity - Biteback (Wormholedeath) (0%)