How many of you Metal Rioters out there have gone to your local record store of choice and picked up a new metal album solely based on the art that graces its cover? Unfortunately, with the growth of iTunes and Pandora it seems easier and easier to overlook album cover art in general, but in the world of Heavy Metal we’re here to remind you that the art form is still alive and well!
Each Tuesday we will present to you the best album covers of the week and draw focus into what makes each cover so f’ing rad. Check out this week’s offering right here and vote on which cover YOU think should win “Cover Art of the Week”!
But we need to catch up on the year. This week we’re heading back to March. Check ‘em out and VOTE!
You can also check out the previous week and month winners here.
What album cover kicked the most ass in March?
- Across The Sun - "Before The Night Takes Us" (Metal Blade Records) (53%)
- Amon Amarth - "Surtur Rising" (Metal Blade Records) (33%)
- Children Of Bodom - "Relentless Reckless Forever" (Spinefarm Records) (6%)
- Born Of Osiris - "The Discovery" (Sumerian Records) (6%)
- Grayceon - "All We Destroy" (Profound Lore Records) (2%)