How many of you Metal Rioters out there have gone to your local record store of choice and picked up a new metal album solely based on the art that graces its cover? Unfortunately, with the growth of iTunes and Pandora it seems easier and easier to overlook album cover art in general, but in the world of Heavy Metal we’re here to remind you that the art form is still alive and well! Each Tuesday we will present to you the best album covers of the week and draw focus into what makes each cover so damn badass.
This week features various tones of every metal band’s favorite color: black. The best example might be the above image from Black Tide, or maybe the other direction, say Leprous‘ mermaid goat sitting in a pitcher of lemonade forcing said drink down someone’s throat that happens to be tied to an aardvark/squirrel hyprid?
What cover kicks the most ass this week?
- Minushuman - Bloodthrone (50%)
- Leprous - Bilateral (26%)
- All Else Fails -The Oracle, What Was, Is And Could Have Been (17%)
- Ghost Brigade - Until Fear No Longer Defines Us (4%)
- ICS Vortex - Storm Seeker (2%)
- Black Tide - Post Mortem (2%)
- Atriarch – Forever the End (0%)