How many of you Metal Rioters out there have gone to your local record store of choice and picked up a new metal album solely based on the art that graces its cover? Unfortunately, with the growth of iTunes and Pandora it seems easier and easier to overlook album cover art in general, but in the world of Heavy Metal we’re here to remind you that the art form is still alive and well!
Each Tuesday we will present to you the best album covers of the week and draw focus into what makes each cover so damn badass. Check out this week’s offering right here and vote on which cover YOU think should win “Cover Art of the Week”!
This week’s contestants went a bit classier and more refined than the typical metal trope of brutality and awe. Click on an image for a closer look and then cast your vote below.
Which album cover brutalizes the most booty this week?
- Tyr - "The Lay Of Thrym" (Napalm records) (85%)
- Amorphis - "The Beginning Of Times" (Nuclear Blast) (8%)
- Morbid Angel - "Illud Divinum Insanus" (Season Of Mist) (3%)
- Tombs - "The Path Of Totality" (Relapse Records) (3%)
- Arch Enemy - "Khaos Legions" (Century Media) (1%)