How many of you Metal Rioters out there have gone to your local record store of choice and picked up a new metal album solely based on the art that graces its cover? Unfortunately, with the growth of iTunes and Pandora it seems easier and easier to overlook album cover art in general, but in the world of Heavy Metal we’re here to remind you that the art form is still alive and well!
Each Tuesday we will present to you the best album covers of the week and draw focus into what makes each cover so damn badass. Check out this week’s offering right here and vote on which cover YOU think should win “Cover Art of the Week”!
Welcome to the releases of May 31st, 2011. We have quite the diverse line-up for you this week. Click on an image for a closer look and then cast your vote below.
What album cover kicks the most ass this week?
- U.D.O. – “Rev-Raptor” (AFM Records) (53%)
- USX – “The Valley Path” (Neurot Recordings) (37%)
- Autopsy – “Macabre Eternal” (Peaceville Records) (7%)
- Dark Castle – “Surrender To All Life Beyond Form” (Profound Lore) (2%)
- Vastum – “Carnal Law” (20 Buck Spin) (1%)