How many of you Metal Rioters out there have gone to your local record store of choice and picked up a new metal album solely based on the art that graces its cover? Unfortunately, with the growth of iTunes and Pandora it seems easier and easier to overlook album cover art in general, but in the world of Heavy Metal we’re here to remind you that the art form is still alive and well!
Each Tuesday we will present to you the best album covers of the week and draw focus into what makes each cover so damn badass. Check out this week’s offering right here and vote on which cover YOU think should win “Cover Art of the Week”!
What album cover kicks the most ass on this most epic of release weeks?
- Decapitated - "Carnival Is Forever" (Nuclear Blast) (29%)
- Cannabis Corpse - "Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shalt Rise" (Tankcrimes) (15%)
- Sepultura - "Kairos" (Nuclear Blast) (14%)
- SSS - "Problems To The Answer" (Earache) (9%)
- Icon In Me - "Head Break Solution" (Goomba) (7%)
- Dischord - "Casualties Of War" (Diminished Fifth) (5%)
- J.D. Overdrive - "Sex, Whiskey & Southern Blood" (Metal Mind) (5%)
- Mayan - "Quarterpast" (Nuclear Blast) (3%)
- Suicide Silence - "The Black Crown" (Century Media) (2%)
- Earth Crisis - "Neutralize The Threat" (Century Media) (2%)
- Rhapsody Of Fire - "From Chaos To Eternity" (Nuclear Blast) (2%)
- Sol Invictus - "The Cruellest Month" (Prophecy) (2%)
- The Living Fields - "Running Out Of Daylight" (Candlelight) (1%)
- Baring Teeth - "Atrophy" (Willowtip) (1%)
- Hekate - "Die Welt Der Dunklen Gärten" (Prophecy) (1%)
- Spellcaster - "Under The Spell" (Heavy Artillery) (1%)
- Aurvandil - "Yearning" (Eisenwald) (1%)
- Lock Up - "Necropolis Transparent" (Nuclear Blast) (0%)