General News

Randy Blythe is acquitted of manslaughter charges

Posted by tyrusrunyan on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:13 AM (PST)

293.ab.randy.070612A panel of Czech judges has ruled that concert promoters and not Randy Blythe are responsible for the death of 19-year-old Daniel Nosek at the concert that took place in on May of 24th 2010. In light of a great amount of pressure Randy seems to have said and done all the right things and as elated as he must be to not have to spend anymore time in a Czech prison he was sure to keep Daniel and his family in his thoughts and prayers.

Blythe posted the following statement Instagram:
“I have been found not guilty & acquitted of all charges against me. I am a free man. I only wish for them peace. Thank you for your support.”

Blythe declined to talk after the trial but made the following statements to the court earlier:
“As I’ve stated previously, I do not wish to avoid my responsibility, and if I thought I were guilty I would plead guilty right now,” he said. “I still believe I acted responsibly to protect myself, my band, our equipment, and our audience. I did not strike anyone or run across the stage to push anyone,” as one witness had claimed.

 

The prosecutor immediately appealed the decision.

XXX

Facebook Conversations

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

2 Comments

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.