Guitarist/warlord of the night Jeff Wilson sometimes hits me up with tour news or to shoot the shit. It’s always good to talk the dude as he is a musician who does a lot of things on his own terms. Jeff, in the future, you don’t have to politely ask me to post stuff. Your music is way better than a lot of crap I’ve written about, so just send me tour dates and say ,”here ya go, fucker” and they will soon appear on this site in slim hope that more people will read them then the uptick in traffic we get when we post about stupid mallcore shit (less often, since I am doing the majority of the writing around here now…hahaha). I have a lot more respect for Jeff’s music and so will post about that instead of Five Finger Death Punch in hopes that when I get to Hell the devil will grant me a flaming key of blackened pitch to my own little burnt gingerbread house as a reward and while other bloggers must listen to Falling In Reverse forever I will thankfully get a sip of the river of forgetfulness and that actual Hell on Earth will be erased from my musical memory banks.
Wolvhammer are better than about 99% of the metal bands in the world right now and the other 1% are their peers. Likewise Atriarch. These are two of the bleaker but more truthful acts out there, bands you can lean on in lean times to get you through ugly shit. This is not jock jam metal, bright day at a festival shove mosh metal or idiotic hard choreography repressed homosexual mook metal. This is hit the bottom and come back stronger than ever, vomiting shadows on fake people, elephant in the room, ugly ass Satan metal that actually matters and can save lives.
Says Jeff: After a bit of a live hiatus this year due to cancellation, migration, inebriation and the lot; I’m really stoked to get back out on the road with Wolvhammer in December. We’ve got big plans for this one, playing songs from the entire discography, some never performed before. With our most crushing live lineup to date and the ever flawless Atriarch in tow, this run of dates on the west coast is not to be missed.
Wolvhammer / Atriarch Desanctifying North America Pt. 2 dates BELOW.Add to My Radar